At Kensington Sash Group Ltd our Timber Sash Windows are manufactured for optimum performance, whilst retaining heritage features and period charms of a traditional sash window. Fully compliant with building regulations, our premium timber sash windows come fully draught sealed, spray finished with low maintenance micro porous paint- colour matching option of any Farrow and Ball or RAL colour. We offer the choice between the use of Scandinavian Slow Grown Pine or Accoya®.
Available with either 14mm or 24mm Argon Gas Filled 'A' Rated Double Glazing as standard.
(Please note: 4mm Toughened (ESG4) Low E with Warm Edge Spacer Bar; U-Value 1.1W/m²K available for extra sensitive conservation projects requiring single glazing)
- CE Marked
- Design, Survey, Manufacture and Installation
- Full After Care Service
- Bespoke hardware- Available in a wide range of finishes that include, Brass, Polished Chrome, Antique Brass
- 'Secured by Design' High Security Fitch Locks
- Glass specification - Click here
- Fully weather stripped
- FENSA compliant
- Timber- Scandinavian slow grown pine or Accoya®
- Timber staff & parting beads
- Elegant glazing bars
- Internally Glazed- anti burglar solution
- Excellent thermal & acoustic performance
- Comprehensive warranties for peace of mind
- Expert specialist fitting
Sash window box/frame depths
Equally important as the width or height of the new sash window is the depth of the sash box, often overlooked by many companies the sash box needs to match the depth of the recess, so that it fits inside the sash reveal and is flush with the inside wall. If overlooked you could end up with your new windows protruding into the room. The depth of a sash reveal is usually between 140mm and 150mm in period properties.
Using a deeper frame means architrave will have to be packed out which can look very bulky and not in-keeping with your property.
At Kensington Sash Group Ltd, our highly skilled surveyors will ensure that your new timber products fit perfectly into the aperture in every given aspect.
Kensington Sash Group Ltd Traditional Weighted Sash Windows
We can provide accurate information in CAD format to architects or council authorities for our most sensitive projects that require planning permission. Particularly listed property and conservation areas.